Chris has had a life-long interest in sport, fitness, and strength. From a young age he raced motocross until his love of rugby took over. He played rugby at school, and with local clubs for over 12 years namely Alloa, Hillfoots, Falkirk and a short stint at Hamilton.
It was with Falkirk his rugby playing career came to an end due to a long term back injury. At this point he met with Lewis at Elite Sporting Performance for physiotherapy treatment. Lewis quickly discovered a possible fracture that was eventually confirmed via x-ray, and MRI scan. Following an in depth and lengthy rehab plan with ESP he made a full recovery, and started competing in powerlifting and strongman competitions.
His passion for coaching, and helping others get better was found at a young age coaching junior rugby. Over the years his enjoyment of coaching, and his passion for strength & fitness encouraged him to pass on his advice to those in the gym. This inspired him to begin his formal training, and recently he has attained his personal training qualifications. He is currently working towards his UKSCA Strength and Conditioning Accreditation and will implement this knowledge in the near future.
After a fantastic first year competing in strength athletics he is enthusiastic about passing over his knowledge and sharing what he has learned in his training with his clients. If you share Chris’s enthusiasm, and want to become fitter, stronger, and leaner then contact him via the website.
- Level 2 qualification in Gym Instruction
- Level 3 in Personal Training
- S1/S2 level rugby coach at Hillfoots RFC 2006/7
- Under 15 level rugby coach at Hillfoots RFC 2007/08
- Motocross Scottish Championships -2nd place
- Represented Crusaders at age grade rugby 2004, 05,06
- Capped at Scotland Students Rugby League 2009
- Alloa Half Marathon finisher in 2010
- British Championship Hill Race in 2011
- Captained Hillfoots RFC 1st xv to a league championship and promotion into the Caledonia Division 1 league – 2013/14 season
- Played National League Rugby with Falkirk – 2014/15 season
- Scottish BDFPA Open (125kg class) 2015 – 2nd place with total of 622kg
- British BDFPA Championships (125kg class) – 6th place with a total of 635kg
- Scottish Natural Strongest Man 2016 – 2nd
- British Natural Strongest Man 2016 – 6th
- Newcastle’s Strongest Man 2016 – 2nd
- Hulks Gym Strongest Man 2016 – 5th